Easy Roasted Broccoli & Back To School Time! [RECIPE]
Good Afternoon Beautiful People!
I’m dropping in real fast to share with you a weeknight staple that I’ve been making a lot lately. With school right around the corner it feels like time is flying by. As such, there isn’t time during the weeknight evenings to make a special meal. My solution? Whip out the sheet pan and slap down some veggies for an easy, healthy meal. Last night I was feeling crummy with a seasonal cold, but dinner still had to get made. So I dumped some broccoli on one pan, and whipped up a batch of easy kimchi pancakes on the stovetop. It was delicious and actually pretty healthy!
They key to really good roasted broccoli is… kitchen gloves! No, I’m serious. 🙂 I keep a box (or three) of disposable kitchen gloves on hand for occasions such as this. Why? Because you want to massage the broccoli florets in olive oil and spices. As they roast in the oven your home will be filled with the most delicious smells, and every bite will be absolute perfection. Even the Noob Chef Jr. asked for seconds last night. Now I call that a win. Keep smiling, my friends. I hope you all enjoy this recipe too and as always, keep on cooking! ❤
Easy Roasted Broccoli
- 2 heads of broccoli chopped into florets or 2 small bags of fresh broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- A generous drizzle of olive oil
- Disposable kitchen gloves (optional but recommended) 😉
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees (F)/ 200 degrees (C).
- In a mixing bowl, dump in the broccoli. Then drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle on the garlic powder, salt, and black pepper.
- Slap on those gloves, or get messy and massage everything together well!
- Dump evenly onto a sheet pan and roast for 20 minutes. Eat hot and enjoy!