Shortcut Mexican Rice & Slowing Down [RECIPE]
Good Morning Everyone!
I hope you’re having a lovely day. Around here I have been slowing down, tidying up, and soaking in the first bits of Spring. That said, I haven’t been spending too much time in front of the stove. My slow cooker has been working daily to prepare lots of delicious food. Last night we cooked up 4-Ingredient Chicken Tacos in the slow cooker, but this time I decided to add some shortcut Mexican rice to the mix!
Now I’ve made Mexican rice before on the stove top and it is certainly delicious. But I didn’t want to spend 45 minutes preparing a side dish. Instead, I made a pot of rice in the rice cooker. Then when it was done, I fried it up with salsa, cumin, ground chili pepper, salt, black pepper, and garlic powder. It was perfection! This shortcut recipe will take all of the time and work out of having a beautiful pot of homemade delicious Mexican rice. Now you can have Mexican rice and Homemade Refried Beans anytime you’d like! 🙂 Enjoy this recipe everyone and as always, keep on cooking!
Shortcut Mexican Rice
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground chili pepper (or more if you prefer)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Oil for frying
- In a pot over medium-high heat, warm up a drizzle of oil for frying. Drop in the rice and mix around.
- Add in the salsa and mix to combine evenly. Then add all of the spices and salt & pepper. Mix well to combine.
- Fry for about 3-5 minutes or until the rice just starts to become crispy and the spices become aromatic. Serve hot and enjoy! 🙂