Divorced Eggs With Homemade Refried Beans [RECIPE]
Good Morning Everyone! ❤
I hope you’re staying warm because it is bitter cold here on the West Coast. Yes, even in Sunny California it is so cold, that there is frost on the ground! (Cue doom and gloom music lol). Around here we don’t see temperatures this low normally, so when it happens… our world slows down quite a bit. Lately my slow cooker has been in overdrive as I make soup after soup to keep us all warm. Today I want to share this fast, easy recipe with you to use up those yummy homemade refried beans we made in the last post. Divorced eggs. Not exactly the best name, in my humble opinion, but I get the humor behind this recipe.
Grab some fresh tortillas and warm them up over the stove. Slather on a generous amount of refried beans to make it nice and creamy. Top with a delicious sunny side up egg (or poached works too). Now comes the divorced part! Put a bit of red salsa on one egg… and salsa verde on the other egg. 🙂 Crack that yolk, eat it while it’s hot, and enjoy. Yummmm!
The family just loved having this meal for breakfast, but honestly, breakfast any time of the day works too. I hope you all enjoy this recipe as much as we did. Stay warm everyone and as always, keep on cooking! ❤
Courtesy of: Pati Jinich, author of “Pati’s Mexican Table” Cookbook
- 8 eggs (2 per person)
- 3 tablespoons of homemade refried beans per tortilla
- 4 tortillas, warmed
- 1 tablespoon red salsa, per egg
- 1 tablespoon salsa verde, per egg
- Warm up the homemade refried beans and smear onto the warmed tortillas.
- In a frying pan with a bit of oil, fry your eggs two at a time until the whites are cooked but the yolk is still runny. Place on top of the beans.
- Drizzle one egg with red salsa and the other egg with green salsa.
- Serve hot and enjoy!