Veggie-Loaded Breakfast Casserole & 12 Christmas Memes to Give You Laughs [RECIPE]
Good Morning Beautiful People! ❤
Happy Boxing Day to those celebrating! Around here it’s the last day of work-vacation so we are soaking it up and eating down leftovers. This vegetable casserole was sublime. They might as well call it loaded veggie hashbrowns because that’s basically what it is… but casserole sounds prettier, so let’s go with that 😉
Anyway, memes. Mr. Noob Chef and I love memes. Why? Because they can be downright hilarious. Many times memes express what you’re feeling without you being able to say so. Want to post something cute on your Facebook? Slap on a meme! Want to say sorry in a text? Grab a kitten meme and go to town. You get the idea. These memes made us laugh, and laugh… I hope you enjoy them too. Enjoy folks! ❤
And now onto today’s recipe 🙂
This casserole is really flexible. If you’re not a fan of a certain vegetable, leave it out! Want to put broccoli in instead? Go for it! Craving a bit of ground pork or shredded leftover ham? Toss it in. With the base of shredded hashbrowns, this casserole can easily be adapted for all tastes and dietary needs. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did. Have a wonderful day everyone and as always, keep on cooking! ❤
Veggie Loaded Breakfast Casserole
Serves: 6 servings
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 8-10 mushrooms, sliced
- 2 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ red onion, diced
- 2 bell peppers, diced
- 2 cups packed baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 20 ounces shredded potatoes, thawed
- 10 eggs
- ⅓ cup half and half or milk
- ¼ cup hot sauce (more or less to taste)
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon of oil. Add the mushrooms and sauté them for 4 minutes or until they start to brown. Add a small pinch of salt along withe onions and garlic and let cook for 2 minutes. Remove to a plate. Add the second tablespoon of oil, if needed, and sauté the peppers for 1 minute. Add in the baby spinach and allow it to wilt, remove from heat, set aside.
- Generously spray a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Lay the shredded potatoes in the bottom of the dish and press to make sure they are spread out evenly. Add the veggies (both the mushrooms and the pepper mixtures) over the potatoes, set aside.
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 375ºF if you are baking the casserole immediately.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg, half and half, hot sauce, and a big pinch of salt and pepper. Pour the egg mixture over the prepared veggies. Sprinkle the cheese over the top and another small pinch of salt and pepper.
- Bake the casserole, uncovered, until the cheese melts, and the top gets in and golden, 45-50 minutes. Allow the casserole to cool for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.