Easy Vegan Dinner Rolls [RECIPE]
Good Morning Everyone!
How are you doing? Let’s grab a cup of tea and pull up a chair together, shall we? This week has been a weird week. You know how sometimes you just feel “off”? It’s one of those weeks for me. Not good nor bad…. just… off. Oh well. I’m sure it will go up from here 🙂 So how are you doing? Are you having a good week? We’re almost through it and then it’s the weekend again! One more day, my friends!
Alright today I want to talk about dinner rolls. As a rule I’m not really a baker. I mean, I’ll bake here and there… but I don’t go around making homemade bread. Probably because I lack the patience to let it rise, mold it, and let it rise again. But recently I was thinking about challah. Now I already have a non-vegan challah recipe, and I’m sure there are plenty of vegan challah recipes out there. But challah really isn’t my problem. My problem is that we are a family of three. Eating a challah for three people is a lot of bread! Sure, we could store it…. but for Shabbos I thought I would make a pan of dinner rolls that is “just enough” bread per person all while keeping it vegan. Win-win. Enter this recipe.
When I say these rolls are Noob-friendly, I promise you this is no joke. You can make these rolls start to finish (with rising time) in 1.5 hours. And as far as making the dough, you can do it all in your kitchen stand mixer. Now how easy is that? The result are six beautiful, fluffy rolls that taste a heck of a lot better than store bought ones. The family and I were hovering over the counter while I snapped a picture and moments later we tore into the pan devouring them all. Yes, it’s that good. This recipe is for basic dinner rolls, but go ahead and experiment with fresh herbs, maybe a drizzle of honey and see how it comes out! I hope you have a wonderful Thursday everyone and as always, keep on cooking! ❤
Easy Vegan Dinner Rolls
Inspired by: lovingitvegan.com
Makes: 6 rolls
- 1 tsp. Instant yeast
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. Vegan butter (I use Earth Balance)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 c. water
- Add the yeast, sugar, warm water and salt into the mixing bowl and mix.
- Add the vegan butter and mix in.
- Add the flour and mix together to form a crumbly dough.
- Then add the water and bring it all together.
- Gather up the dough into a ball and set in the mixing bowl. Cover in a warm place and let rise for 45 minutes.
- Then rip apart into 6 balls and place in a greased round cake pan. Cover and let rise for another 30 minutes until doubled in size.
- Place into a preheated oven at 350 degrees (F)/ 180 degrees (C) for 25 minutes. Eat hot and enjoy!