Easy Vegan French Toast [RECIPE]
Good Afternoon Everyone!
It’s that time of the year when we swoon over baked goods. Everything is pumpkin-themed here and I can’t help but buy day-old bread from the store just to make french toast. This recipe was so good, that I requested it as my birthday breakfast! Mr. Noob Chef did not disappoint! Normally I’m a 2-slice type of gal… but with this dish… I had to go for three. It’s sweet, but not overly so. The hint of cinnamon makes my heart sing and the best part is it’s completely dairy free. Yes, this recipe is vegan and I’m so glad it is.
So go ahead and dig into this delicious breakfast dish. Whip it up for your loved on on a weekend… or have breakfast for dinner on a weeknight! Either way it’s sure to be a hit 🙂 Have a wonderful night everyone and as always, keep on cooking! ❤
Easy Vegan French Toast
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp flaxseed meal (ground flaxseed)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 loaf day-old bread, sliced
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Optional: maple syrup for topping
- In a wide-rimmed bowl, add coconut milk, flaxseed, vanilla, and cinnamon, whisk, and let set.
- Heat coconut oil on a griddle over medium-low heat.
- One side at a time, dip slices of bread into the batter, leaving no spots untouched.
- Transfer slices to the griddle and cook for 5 minutes on each side, or until golden-brown.
- Optional: Drizzle french toast with maple syrup.