Vegan Spaghetti Pie [RECIPE]
Good Morning Everyone!
Just dropping in real quick with an absolutely delicious recipe that I had over my birthday this past week: vegan spaghetti pie. Yes, you can swoon now. And it’s Friday!! So what better way to treat yourself than this beautiful, cheap, easy dish! Now if you want to get all creative and make your own marinara sauce, go for it. I applaud you. I, on the other hand, did not go that route. I had a leftover marinara jar in the cabinet, so after adding in some other seasonings, I topped the noodles with the sauce, sprinkled in some nutritional yeast, and off it went to bake!
Y’all the result was heavenly. The noodles crisp up in the oven. The sauce bakes into the pasta to make it even more savory. And you end up with a sticky spaghetti pie! It’s scrumptious. Now I’m not going to lie…. this is a “once in a while” food. Sure, there are sauteed vegetables, but it’s really a carb-lovers dream, here. That said, if you’re looking for a fast dish to feed many people, OR if you want a nice holiday dish to snuggle up with… this is your jam. Give it a try! I promise you won’t regret it. Have a wonderful weekend everyone and as always, keep on cooking! ❤
Vegan Spaghetti Pie
- 1 (18 oz.) box of spaghetti noodles
- 1 jar of your favorite marinara sauce
- 1 package white button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 355 degrees (F).
- In a saucepan with a drizzle of oil, saute the mushrooms, bell pepper, and onion until tender, then set aside.
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook the spaghetti noodles according the packaging. Then drain and set aside in a mixing bowl.
- Add the marinara sauce into the mixing bowl of noodles along with the nutritional yeast, garlic, oregano, salt, and black pepper. Mix well to combine.
- Pour into a large casserole dish and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with sauteed vegetables. Dig in and enjoy!