Green Pizza & Not Wanting to Cook [RECIPE]
Good Morning Everyone!
How are you doing today? My apologies on being quiet the past couple of days. I’ve been on a mission to eat down leftovers from the fridge. As such, I haven’t had much to photograph. I’m so excited to share with you my plans for October at the end of the week. I think you’ll love them as much as I do, so stay tuned! Until then, let’s talk about pizza. In America pizza is one of the most popular dinner items. Now that online ordering is huge, you can have a pizza at your door in under an hour right from an app or your computer! But let’s talk about those pizzas for a moment.
Without naming brand names, I’ve always struggled to eat those delivery pizzas. One in particular drips with grease as soon as you pick it up out of the box. Now I agree with my mom that everyone should have a pizza in their freezer for those nights that they don’t want to cook. Well, I don’t know about your family… but mine can eat. And those freezer pizzas? Yeah, they hardly fill us up.
So instead of buying more freezer pizzas to fill us up, (and overeat), I turn to this recipe. Green pizza. You can knock down the cooking time to 20 minutes from start to finish simply by purchasing canned, pre-made pizza dough in your refrigerated section of the grocery store. If you’re feeling very adventurous, (and have a bit of time), try out this homemade pizza I made a while ago! It’s delicious too.
But back to simple and fast. Yes, this recipe is perfect for busy nights. It will be your best friend because: 1. You can load up as many veggies as you want. 2. It uses 1 pan, so you won’t be scrubbing a tons of dishes. and 3. Whip out the paper plates if you’re in a super big hurry and you have no dishes at all! You can customize this pizza in a variety of ways. I chose jarred marinara, but then added some spices to it to make it reminiscent of shakshuka pizza. Let your imagination run wild. I promise you that it will taste fantastic! Alright, that’s all for now folks! I hope you have a lovely Tuesday, enjoy this recipe, and as always, keep on cooking! ❤
- 3 cans pre-made pizza dough
- 1 jar marinara sauce
- 1 jar pesto
- 1 small bag frozen broccoli
- 3 cups low-fat Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees (F)/ 230 degrees (C).
- Grease two baking sheets and roll out the dough on the pan. While the oven is warming up, fill a pot with water and drop in the broccoli. Boil for 10-15 minutes or until tender when pricked with a fork. Drain and set aside.
- When the oven is preheated, slip in your dough. Bake for 8 minutes on a middle rack.
- Remove from oven. Top with several tablespoons of marinara sauce and pesto (to your liking). Add the cooked broccoli. Then top with cheese.
- Bake for an additional 8 minutes until the pizza is just turning golden around the edges. And you’re done! 🙂 Serve hot and enjoy!