Vegan Sushi and Guild Wars 2 “Path of Fire” Launch Day!!
Good Afternoon Everyone!
Happy Friday, and Happy Launch Day for all of you gamers out there!! What an exciting day! I wanted to share this 5-ingredient recipe with you today because it is finger-lickin good. I love sushi. In fact, the whole Noob Chef family adores sushi on a pretty regular basis. If the thought of making your own sushi seems daunting, relax my friend, I’ve got you! Head on over to my blog post on “How to Make Sushi in 5 Easy Steps” ! Alright now that we got that out of the way, let me gush for a minute about this Vegan sushi roll.
Years ago I was in a restaurant and tried a Philadelphia Roll. At the time I wasn’t sure how it would taste… nor why it was called that. But then I saw the magical ingredient: cream cheese. Philadelphia Cream Cheese. I swooned. They brought out the beautifully made roll complete with crab, cream cheese and vegetables and I devoured it like the Tasmanian devil.
Fast forward to this recipe. Here I swap out cream cheese for Tofutti Cream Cheese. (Guys, I’m tell’in you… this stuff will make your taste buds sing). Along with stuffing it full of vegetables, and a creamy avocado. So you still have a ton of flavor… it’s just easy on the body. In short, it was scrumptious! In our house when it comes to sushi, Mr. Noob Chef and I work as a team. I chop everything up, and he assembles each roll. Thanks honey for the help!
And now… let’s do our daily game fact!
Game Fact: There will now be bounties where players can explore and hunt around Elona until they find these epic world bosses. Everyone can join in on the fight! Are you ready to get your game on? I know I am!
So what are you waiting for? Go grab Guild Wars 2 online (did I mention there is no monthly subscription fee?) and I’ll meet you in the Crystal Desert! Until then, have a wonderful weekend everyone and as always, keep on cooking! ❤
5 Ingredient Vegan Sushi
- 3 Nori seaweed wraps
- 1/2 cucumber, julienned
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 carrot grated
- 2 fire-roasted, jarred bell peppers, diced
- 3 tbsp. Tofutti cream cheese (1 tbsp. per roll)
- Cook 1 cup Jasmine rice + 2 cups Water in a rice cooker (or small pot) until fluffy and soft. (It usually takes my rice cooker about 35 minutes).
- Place several spoons of rice on a Nori seaweed sheet and spread it out gently.
- Then place the thin vegetables, cream cheese, and avocado into a line towards the bottom of the roll.
- Using a bamboo mat, or towel, roll the sushi together tucking the roll over your fillings.
- Slice gently into rounds and serve. (I love topping mine with a bit of pickled ginger and sriracha mayonnaise. Yum!