Egg Stuffed Breakfast Potatoes [5-ingredient recipe]
Good Morning Everyone!
This week I’ll be sharing with you ten recipes that all have 5 ingredients or less! Can I get a woot woot? 🙂 You know how much I love easy peasy dishes and these are hand-picked to make you swoon and ease your cooking load. So why 5 ingredients and not 6? Well, this week is also the 5th anniversary of Guild Wars 2!! If you’re not a total video game nerd, (like Mr. Noob Chef and I), then let me just fill you in. Guild Wars 2 is a popular online multi-player roleplaying game. You create a hero and go adventuring around Tyria defeating evil foes. Yup, I’m a nerd. 🙂
On Friday, Guild Wars 2 is releasing their second expansion, Path of Fire, and wow are we excited!! So not only is this Friday the first day of Fall…. but we also get more game content to explore and enjoy!! YAY!! As such, I wanted to do a five-ingredient theme this week and share with you one fact about the new expansion that I’m excited about in every post.
Game Fact: In the new Guild Wars 2 expansion, players will now have the opportunity to collect all four mounts!! FINALLY! Yes, GW2 caught up with WoW, and now players can collect: the jackal, the skimmer, the raptor, and the springer! Each mount will allow players to access parts of the map that otherwise they would not be able to reach. Pretty cool, right?!
And now, onto the recipe.
I love breakfast for dinner. Breakfast for breakfast. And a good ol’ brunch. You really can’t go wrong with this recipe, and it’s perfect for camping too! So often the potato gets a bad rap. People see a potato and think, “ew, carbs. bad bad bad!”. But did you know that a medium sized baked potato is only (98k cal)? It’s actually not bad at all! It’s what we put on the potato that matters. This recipe is everything you love about breakfast stuffed into a potato. When I made them for the family last night I had medium-small potatoes and I worried that they wouldn’t be enough to fill us so I made 2 potatoes per person. Ha! Wow was I wrong! 🙂
After one potato we looked at each other and blinked. We were stuffed! Happily stuffed, mind you. Yes, these potatoes were filling and I love that you can shove as many veggies in them as you want! Don’t want to put butter in? Try pesto! Want to get more of your greens? Put broccoli in there! A potato is a blank slate so get creative with this dish! If you’re Vegan or Vegetarian you can easily leave out the egg and swap in more veggies and Vegan cheese. Yum! I hope you all enjoy this easy, flexible recipe. Have a wonderful Tuesday and as always, keep on cooking! ❤
Egg-Stuffed Breakfast Potatoes
- 3 medium russet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 2 scallions, chopped (Optional)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Scrub your potatoes well and prick them all over with a fork. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees (F)/ 177 degrees (C).
- Place your potatoes directly on the rack and cook for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- In a skillet, put the butter in the pan and saute the bell pepper until tender. Then add the eggs and scramble.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven when they finish cooking. Gently scoop out the inside keeping the skin in tact. Set the skins aside on serving plates.
- Mix together the eggs, inside of the potatoes, cheese, scallions, salt, and black pepper. (Note: if your mixture is a tad dry you can add a pinch of milk or water). Now it should look like delicious, loaded mashed potato.
- Spoon the mash back into each skin and serve hot! Enjoy!