Kimchi Mac and Cheese [RECIPE]
Good Afternoon Everyone!
How are you today? Are you having a wonderful day? It’s almost Friday!! YAY!! If you’ve been hanging around here for a while, you know how much I love mac and cheese. In fact, I love it so much… I’ve shared it with you several times. There was time I made Paula Deen’s Mac and Cheese. And the time when I made sweet potato tuna mac. There was even the time when I made Vegan mac and cheese! Yes, around here… we love macaroni and cheese. So I guess it’s really no surprise that the Noob Chef Junior created this recipe all on her own!
Yes, my little one was curled up the other day when all of a sudden she said, “Mom! What if we make kimchi mac for lunch?”. Now I had never made kimchi macaroni and cheese before… nor was I sure that the flavors would work. But hey, I’m down for trying something new so I agreed. Off we went to the kitchen. Her little hands got to work mixing and blending everything together while I stood back in awe. She really has an incredible gift with food and cooking too ❤ (Proud mommy moment!).
The result was a dish so easy, yet flavorful and slightly spicy that anyone would love it whether you are a fan of kimchi or not. She pureed 1/2 cup of kimchi in a food processor to add extra flavor and spice in an otherwise bland box of macaroni and cheese. And wow… it did not disappoint! Not to mention there was a whole heaping of vegetables blended in too! 🙂 So the next time you’re craving mac and cheese… try thinking outside of the box and give this easy, delicious recipe a try! Have a wonderful day everyone and as always, keep on cooking! 🙂
Kimchi Mac and Cheese
Courtesy of: The Noob Chef Jr.
Serves: 4 generously
- 1 family-sized box of Kraft mac and cheese
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 can tuna
- 2 tbsp. soy nut butter
- 1/4 c. grated cheese
- 1/2 c. kimchi, pureed in a food processor
- 1.5 cups water
- Begin by filling a pot halfway with water and bring to a boil. Drop in the macaroni and boil for 10 minutes. Drain and put back in the pot.
- Add the butter, cheese packet, and grated cheese. Mix to combine.
- Then add the water and peas. Turn on the stove over medium heat and continue mixing until everything begins to get creamy.
- Add the kimchi and tuna. Mix through until well combined.
- Serve hot and enjoy!