Guacamole Potato Salad & Back to School [RECIPE]
Good Morning Beautiful People!
How are you today? It’s that time of the year again. School is back in session and we are all hustling. My apologies for the sporadic posts. I’m just easing the family back into the school year routine and as such, there aren’t enough hours in the day. That said, today’s recipe is perfect for when things get busy. I was on Facebook a few weeks ago when I saw this video for Guacamole Potato Salad. Now, I have my own potato salad recipe that I have been using for years and years. It’s absolutely delicious and mayonnaise based. However, I’m all for keeping an open mind and trying something new and different. As a lover of all things avocado, this recipe intrigued me.
Not only is it Vegan and healthy, but it retains the creamy yet chunky texture that we all look for in a good potato salad. To make this recipe even easier, I recommend that you chop and boil your potatoes the night before. Then let them chill down in the fridge overnight to firm up. Not only will your potato salad rock, but your friends will be raving about the beautiful, vibrant new side dish on their plate! Enjoy this recipe everyone and as always, keep on cooking ❤
Guacamole Potato Salad
- 3 avocados
- 3 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 tbsp. Vegannise Mayo.
- 2 tbsp. Nut butter, Melted ( I used Earth Balance)
- 1/3 cup soy milk
- Pinch of salt
- 4 cups cooked potatoes
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 1 cup diced cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup diced cilantro
- A pinch of red chili pepper
- Blend the avocado, olive oil, lemon juice, mayonnaise, nut butter, soy milk, and salt together.
- Fold through the chilled and cooked potatoes.
- Add in the red onion, cherry tomatoes and cilantro.
- Add a good sprinkle of red chili pepper. Fold through and serve immediately. Enjoy! 🙂