No Bake 6 Ingredient Vegan Granola Bars [RECIPE]
Good Morning Beautiful People!
How are you today? It’s a beautiful Tuesday and I am excited to share this recipe with you. I was browsing Vegan recipes this past weekend and noticed that many Vegans eat power/energy bars, or homemade granola bars. After viewing a ton of recipes I decided to play around with flavors to make my own combination! These bars are no bake, so my daughter and I had a blast making them together, and they are very healthy too.
Quick update: since going Vegan 72 hours ago I’ve lost 2.5 lbs. woohoo!
Anyway, these granola bars contain 6 common ingredients that you can find in your local grocery store:
- Oats: I chose quick oats because that’s what I had on hand but you can also use rolled oats.
- Medjool Dates: Check out your produce department for this one. They are perfect for adding a bit of sweetener to the mix.
- Cinnamon: Because… who doesn’t love cinnamon, am I right?! 🙂
- Shredded Coconut: I had to search really hard to find a shredded coconut that wasn’t loaded with sugar. But they are out there, I promise you.
- Almond Butter: So my local grocery store wanted $14.99 for a jar of almond butter. I said, “what?!” and was about to scrap the idea when I decided to look in Trader Joe’s to see what their prices are. They only wanted $6.99! Thank you Trader Joe’s! Be sure to shop around to make sure you’re getting the lowest price on this item.
- Peanuts: These nuts are usually the cheapest on the market but feel free to use whatever nuts you enjoy (cashews, pistachios, hazelnuts, etc.).
And that’s it! The longer you freeze your bars the more set they will be. I prefer mine to be a chewy-cookie consistency, but do whatever pleases you! 🙂 I hope you all enjoy this recipe and have a fantastic day! ❤
No Bake 6 Ingredient Vegan Granola Bars
Yields: 12 bars
- 1 cup Medjool Dates (about 6 or 7), pitted
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1 1/4 cup quick cook oats
- 1 cup peanuts, shelled
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup water
- Using a food processor, begin by putting in the dates and pulsing until thoroughly mashed.
- Next add the peanuts and pulse until ground finely.
- Add the oats, almond butter, and shredded coconut and mix to combine well. (The consistency should be crumbly at this point).
- Lastly, slowly pour in the water while you’re mixing and watch the granola come together into a giant sticky ball.
- Line two loaf pans with wax paper. Divide the granola between both pans and press down to fit into the loaf pan. Freeze for at least 30 minutes. Remove from the freezer and cut into bars. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Eat and enjoy! 🙂