“Lucky” Eggs for St. Patrick’s Day [RECIPE]
Good Morning Everyone!
I love breakfast, don’t you? I always feel ten times better when I have a well-rounded breakfast to start my day. Fellow blogger, Reluctant Entertainer, came up with such a creative idea to fry eggs in green bell pepper rings for St. Paddy’s Day. What a brilliant idea! It was the perfect breakfast to have this morning. As I was taking a photo for you all I noticed that some bell peppers look like four leaf clovers while others look like Mickey Mouse heads. 🙂 I’ll let you decide what you think they look like.
Anyway, I hope you all give these “green” eggs a try today. They are quick, simple, and oh so delicious. If you want to stay away from frying, you can easily poach your eggs and slip them into baked green bell pepper rings. (If you do decide to bake or roast your pepper rings let me know how it goes!). I’d love to hear from you!
Have a wonderful Friday everyone and as always, keep on cooking ❤
“Lucky” Eggs and Bell Peppers
Yields: 4 servings
- 8 eggs
- 8 green bell pepper rings, stem, ribs, and seeds removed
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Butter or oil for frying
- Begin by heating up a large skillet with the butter or oil over medium-high heat.
- Carefully drop in your bell pepper rings and saute for 3-5 minutes or until just soft but not burnt.
- Once the bell peppers are cooked crack in an egg into each ring and fry for an additional 2 minutes, or until the bottom of the egg is completely set. (The top of the egg won’t be cooked yet).
- Using a spatula, slowly flip over each egg/bell pepper ring and continue to fry for an additional 2 minutes.
- Flip back over and remove to a plate. Garnish with grated Parmesan cheese and serve hot. Enjoy!