Edible Egg-less Cookie Dough… and How Much YOU Rock!
Good Morning You Wonderful People!
I am beyond floored at how amazing the WordPress community is. Let me explain. For the past 2 months I have been on a journey of soul-searching. I have struggled with my dreams and the direction that I want to pursue my interests. I began a new lifestyle blog, yet found myself missing The Noob Chef dearly. And all the while, this blog continued to grow. All the while YOU all hopped over to view The Noob Chef Facebook page and I’d get notifications. At first I figured that the “buzz” would quickly die off once I went inactive. Yet… the followers continued. Your love and support for this blog continued.
Let me give you a HUGE thank you from the bottom of my heart! You guys rock! Thank you for liking, commenting, and following this blog.
All of those likes, plus a boat-load of time helped me to refocus and recharge to come back on here better and stronger than ever. Since I’ve been away I have been still been cooking. (We all need to eat, right?) 🙂 So here is the first recipe that I want to share with you: Egg-less Cookie Dough. When I’m in “that mood” where everything feels like it isn’t going right, or I lose my way, or maybe I just need a sweet treat, my brain always turns to cookies. I love cookies. But cookie dough? Y’all, hand me a spoon and I will go to town on a tub of cookie dough!
But alas we need to be mindful of salmonella and the risks that raw eggs + dough has… so naturally the foodies of the world found a way around that! 😉 I present to you this AMAZING egg-less cookie dough recipe. Now here is the catch and I’m sharing this with you from one foodie to another: When you make this dough, do not eat it straight away out of the bowl. Freeze it for about an hour first and let it really firm up. Then grab a spoon, butter knife, or your fingers and dig in. Trust me… it’s totally worth it, hence the noticeable dough missing from this picture lol. Have an amazing day everyone and I can’t wait to share the next recipe with you! ❤
Courtesy of: Centercutcook.com
Yields: About 3-4 cups worth of dough
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla (based upon feedback, you may want to reduce this amount. I like a prominent vanilla flavor but feel free to adjust)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- With your mixer, cream together butter and brown sugar. Add in vanilla and salt, mix.
- Add in flour. The mixture is going to be crumbly at this point.
- Add in 2 tablespoons of milk and mix. Now the dough will look like the cookie dough you’re used to seeing.
- Fold in 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips and 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator. Freeze for up to three months.