The Chaos Burger and Team Digital Chaos (DOTA 2)
If you haven’t been following the Manila Major Group stage matches, wow are you in for some real surprises! Last night I was curled up in bed watching match after match and found myself cheering at the screen. “Go, baby go!” I’d yell as teams clashed in the mid-lane. Team OG steamrolled their first game against Team Empire. I smirked and wasn’t surprised since Miracle is a walking, breathing, unstoppable tank. So off they went for match 2 against Newbee. But then my eyes drifted to team Digital Chaos (DC). In game 1 they played against Wings, and what an intense match it was!! With a 2-1 victory I found myself clapping and cheering DC on all the way. Like “the little engine that could” this team wasn’t the top pick by the hosts nor the community, but it’s undeniable that their spirit and skills were primed and ready to take them to the next level in the Majors.
As one of the more active teams on social media, I tweeted this burger to them just minutes before the majors began, and much to my surprise they tweeted back!! “This looks delicious!!!” they said, and re-tweeted my burger on their page. A huge thank you to Team Digital Chaos for your reply and re-tweet. It means a lot, and good luck as the Majors continue. You deserve all the luck in the world.
And now onto the cooking!
Tonight I present to you “The Chaos Burger”. This recipe was one I designed to showcase the colors of team Digital Chaos: purple and gold. Nothing says “eat me” like ooey, gooey, cheese on a mouthwatering burger, and sharp Cheddar was the perfect type to fit the “gold” color of the team. For the purple color I created a quick and easy coleslaw to stick on top. But I needed a chaos factor. Something that would make people go, “Oooo” and want to sink their teeth in. Then it hit me: just add fries. Big, plump, fluffy waffle fries. Stack everything between a perfect challah roll and dive right in… with a fork and knife of course. (Trust me, you’ll need it). This burger was so juicy and tender! It was the perfect casual food to chomp on as we watched the majors. I hope you love this easy burger recipe as much as I do. Keep smiling everyone and let’s get cooking!
The Chaos Burger (in honor of Team Digital Chaos)
Courtesy of: Lisa aka The Noob Chef
Yields: 4 burgers
For the burger:
- 2 lbs. Ground beef
- 4 challah rolls (or kaiser if you prefer)
- 8 slices sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 generous handful of waffle fries per burger
- 2 tbsp. “DC Coleslaw”
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the “DC Coleslaw”: (Note: This can be made ahead of time)
- 3 cups purple cabbage, chopped finely
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 4 tbsp. Vinegar
- 4 tbsp. Sugar
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ tsp. Dried ground mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- If using a grill, turn it to high/sear or light the coals and allow them to become extremely hot (orange/glowing).
- Divide the ground beef into 4 (½ lb). Patties using your hands, season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Once the grill is searing hot and ready to go, place the burgers on the grill and set a timer for 4 minutes. Close the grill lid.
- After 4 minutes, carefully flip each burger over and set the timer for 2 minutes. Close the grill lid again.
- After 2 minutes lift the lid and place 2 slices of cheese on each burger. Continue cooking for 2 additional minutes (for a medium-rare burger).
- Remove from the grill and place in each bun.
- For the fries, follow the manufacturers instructions on the frozen waffle fry bag. (Mine were to cook at 425 degrees (F) for 10 minutes per side, so I was able to do this as I was grilling).
- To assemble: Place the burger in the bun. Top with a handful of waffle fries. Place 2 tbsp. Of coleslaw on top. Spread a small bit of mayonnaise on the top bun and close. Serve hot and enjoy!